Support our Fund Raisers
Check our calendar regularly! Full information is available by clicking on the date link.
We are GROWING, and we need assistance in all kinds of areas:
- We are always looking for more volunteers.
URGENT NEED! We need permanent facilities, about 300-600 square feet, heated, and accessible 24 hours a day. So if you know of a location in Dover or Somersworth let us know! In the meantime, we are exceptionally grateful to Mark Grenier and Royalty Automotive for the temporary loan of his space in Somersworth!(Filled! WE ARE BUILDING A NEW FACILITY!) Updating our website regularly to keep the content fresh and interesting!(Filled! Thank you, Diana Schuman)
- Helping contact potential sponsors by phone and setting up meetings on our program!
Picking up food from distribution points and taking it to our storage facility!(Filled! Thank you, Paulette Sirois) Writing our annual report. (Filled! Thank you, Jennifer Pribble)
- Talking with your civic organizations, your company, your knitting group and your bowling team about what we are doing, and solicit donations or host fund raisers to benefit the program. Speakers are available to come to your group!
- Contributing directly to End 68 Hours of Hunger knowing that 100% of the funds you contribute go directly to the food needs of the children!
- Donating non-perishable food items
How about weekly packing?
We learned about this from one of our corporate sponsors.
“As support for one of our favorite charities, End 68 Hours of Hunger, we’re going to do some packing. On a weekly basis, E68 volunteers stuff bags with food and deliver it to participating schools. Our team challenge participants will be stuffing some bags to help out!
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Form a team of 2-4 people, with at least 2 team members representing different departments.
- At 2:30, all team members should gather in HR to pick up their first empty bag.
- The challenge will be to fill your bag with the EXACT designated ingredients (we’ll give you the list of ingredients with the bags).
- The ingredients will be scattered throughout the building.
- After your team completely fills the first bags, your team (all members) return to HR to drop off the full bags and retrieve another empty one.
- The challenge will last until 3:25.
- The team who returns the most correctly filled bags, one at a time, to HR within the designated period of time will win.
- All team members must be present when the bags are returned to HR!
Why not give it a try? Maybe we can get some companies to challenge each other.