• Kittery • Lake County, OH • Milton • Nashua • New Durham • Northwood (SAU 44) •
• Ossipee, Tuftonboro, Wolfeboro • Oyster River • Portsmouth • Rochester • Rollinsford •
• Salem, NH • Sanborn District• Somersworth • Vacaville • York •
When Claire Bloom attended her monthly book club meeting in October 2010, she expected a spirited conversation about the latest novel. Instead, the retired naval officer wound up volunteering for a new life’s mission. A teacher in her group mentioned that some students battle hunger from the time they eat a free lunch at school on Fridays until they return on Mondays for breakfast — 68 long hours. Bloom says she vowed to herself, “I can’t let this happen.”
York End 68 is having a table at York’s annual Harvestfest/Marketfest on October 17 and 18. Friday 10-5, Saturday 9 to 4. Raffle available with items from a massage to a bird feeder.
The non-profits will be at Marketfest, which will be located in the Village on York St. Harvestfest will be down at York Beach. There will be trolley service between the 2 venues.
Tickets for the Dinner for a Year Raffle tickets will be available.
- Purchase $10 worth of groceries that will support End 68 Hours of Hunger and On the Vine will feed you BBQ for free!
- Each bag purchases will include a meal and dessert ticket for one adult and child, along with tickets to participate in carnival style games with prizes awarded every time!
- Events include: Bounce House, face painting, fire truck tours, pet of the month, games and prizes, raffles and giveaways.
- BBQ will include: marinated meats, homemade sausage, hamburgers, salads, desserts and so much more!
Download a Poster
August 9 at the 12th Annual WOODS, WATER & WILDLIFE FESTIVAL, at Branch Hill Farm in Milton Mills, NH. The Milton End 68 Hours booth will showcase the talents of local face painter, Lauri Thompson, who is donating her time to the program. We hope to see you there! For more information, check out http://www.mmrg.info/festival/.